Sachin Sachin......... the Lasting Legacy...!!!


My first memories of you are watching the 1996 world cup . Born in 1988 I missed your growing years in cricket as I was busy growing myself . But soon I realized that your influence on me was much before I started watching the game . As cricket loving nation my family was no exception and thus the cricketing culture or cricketing (saunskar ) as they call it in Marathi were made on me right from my childhood. I grew up in a cricket loving family but 1996 world cup made me fall in love with the game or should I say with you..!! It was just a start of a glorious relationship. As years went by the love for you just kept on increasing. I guess 1996 established you as the Master Blaster of World cricket ……!!!

The 1998 Sarjha Series: No book you could ever be complete without the Sarjha chapter. The great Shane Warn was at his peak and you just brought him to his knees. If 1996 had established you as the Master Blaster. The Sand strom innings and the 100 in the Finals clearly established you as undisputed GOD of the game.!!!!

The career full of records, you are still an undisputed GOD of the game even after 24 years of playing. Sheer numbers would be enough to prove your greatness but you have given so much more to the Million Indian. You have given us immense joy, Just watching you bat is so soothing to the eye. The straight drives, the cover drives, the back foot punches, shots are many but the effect the same. Its just a treat to the millions watching and a pain for the opponents. You have given us unmatched joy, you have given guys their first love. I guess as like me every Man’s first love in India would be you and the love for you would remain forever. For last 24 years the Game Cricket is synonymous in India to only one man : SACHIN RAMESH TENDULKAR. India produced a series of legends after you and we have transformed into a great side form being a team of SACHIN and 10 others but the the love for you hasn’t diminished a bit.

Tomorrow you would take the cricket filed for the one last time, and the memories form the 1989 series of you as a young boy taking guard to take on the world cricket, the 119 your 1st 100 in test , the 114 in Perth , the 1996 to 2002 to era were you were just unmatched, the post tennis elbow phase that saw you slow down just a little bit, and the last phase the phase where critics were increasing more than the FANS, you gave them in their FACE with your one of the best years in International cricket and even becoming the first one to score a double hundred in ODI. It has been a privilege to have lived and grown in your Era. The mind knows its time but the heart is still not ready to believe that the MAGICIAN that has WIVED his WILLOW will be performing for the last time from tomorrow . As I write this last few lines I realize the hands are slowing turning numb and a little tear making way from the corner of the eye. I guess the tear is more of the JOY you have given us over the 24 years more than the sadness of not being able to see you on the cricket field ever five days from now, because you will always live in our hearts. To conclude the adjectives are many but LOVE , RESPECT AND GRATITUDE is all I have for you. I Guess we should thank the almighty once for taking the pain to take the AVATAR called SACHIN TENDULKAR and blessing us....THANK you SACHIN…..!!!!!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Saraswati pooja and its historical significance.

Avengers’ and its parallels to the Hindu right ideology.

गांधी हत्या आणि विसरलेला ब्राह्मणांचा नरसंहार